In a kitchen of any size, storage is one of the most important things that you need to consider. You need a place for all of your food, utensils, appliances, and many other things.
Without the proper storage solutions, all of these things can clutter up your kitchen countertops, making the whole room feel cramped and messy.
Luckily, there are an endless amount of storage options out there, with some of the best being freestanding cabinets that can be used as your pantry.
The primary function of freestanding kitchen pantry cabinets is storage, even though these cabinets come in a wide range of dimensions, styles, and prices.
If you are on the hunt for a new cabinet then you have come to the right place. We have made this list of the very best ones that you can buy right now.
With a range of sizes, colors, and styles to choose from, you’re almost guaranteed to find the best one for your kitchen.
In addition to this, we have added a detailed buyers guide that will aid you in selecting which pantry would best match your requirements and provide you with the most space to store your food.
Prepac Elite Storage Cabinet
The laminated composite wood used in the construction of this two-door Prepac elite cabinet is non-toxic, and the cabinet itself has a clean white laminate surface.
Due to the adaptable nature of its design, this cabinet may be used for a wide range of different storage purposes. This unit has a total of three shelves, two of which are removable and one of which is fixed in position.
It has the measurements of 16 inches by 32 inches by 65 inches, and it may be used on its own or along with a Prepac topper that is 32 inches in size to expand the amount of space that it can hold.
- Very Durable - made with MDF, this cabinet, especially the doors, are very strong
- European-style - if you like the European look with metal cabinet handles, this is the cabinet for you
- Safe - thanks to the soft-edged corners on the doors, you should be able to avoid any accidental scratches
- 5-year warranty - if anything goes wrong or breaks, you can be sure that it will be an easy fix at no cost to you
- Have to assemble - you will have to put this cabinet together yourself, which may be a bit difficult
- It may be unstable - on some flooring, this cabinet may not stand right on the floor and might wobble a bit
Also Available At: Walmart.com
Hodedah Kitchen Island
You can store utensils, kitchenware, and small appliances inside the shelves of the Hodedah cabinet thanks to its design, which is both practical and multipurpose.
The cabinet is constructed out of compressed wood, and it includes one metal drawer in addition to an enclosed cabinet area that has one shelf contained inside it. The cabinet also has an open cabinet space.
Because it has the measurements of 46.65 inches by 15.53 inches by 35 inches, this wooden kitchen pantry cabinet is a good choice for usage in locations that have a restricted amount of square footage.
- Comes in many colors - no matter what color your kitchen is, you can get this cabinet in many finishes and colors to match the rest of the room
- Lockable wheels - the wheels make it very easy to mauve this cabinet to different locations. The wheels being lockable also means that they will not roll away once in place
- Convenient storage options- this cabinet has specific areas to help you store items. For example, it has a towel holder, as well as a spice rack so you can keep everything together in one place
- Silver finishes - the handles and other parts of this cabinet have a silver finish, which makes it look very sleek, stylish, and modern
- Hard to assemble - many customers have said that while the final look of this product is excellent, actually assembling it is very difficult and may take a few hours
Also Available At: Walmart.com
Keter Storage Cabinet
This cabinet, which is constructed with a polypropylene resin that is meant to last for a long time, is created to meet a broad variety of storage requirements and can be positioned nearly anyplace inside of the home.
The Keter storage cabinet has four shelves that are each capable of supporting up to 44 pounds of weight and can be adjusted to accommodate a variety of storage needs.
This freestanding kitchen pantry has the measurements of 26.77 inches by 14.96 inches by 67.32 inches, and it has the capability of being padlocked if more security is desired.
- Compact - this cabinet offers a lot of storage space despite looking smaller from the outside. Because of this, it is also ideal for smaller homes as it will not take up a lot of floor space.
- Good storage for other rooms - this cabinet will also make an ideal storage solution for other rooms in your home such as the basement or garage
- Many tools are needed for assembly - with cabinets, you typically have to assemble them yourself, but with this one, you need many tools to put it together. This cabinet does not come with these tools either, so you have to make sure you have some to hand, or you will have to buy some
Also Available At: Walmart.com
Sauder HomePlus Storage Cabinet
The pantry cabinet that is supplied by Sauder comes with adjustable base levelers. This cabinet is an excellent choice for the kitchen, the utility room, and the laundry room.
This cabinet is made of engineered wood and has a Dakota oak finish. It has framed panel doors and is 23.31 inches in height, 17.01 inches in width, and 71.18 inches in depth.
The product also comes with pre-drilled holes, making it easy to build and ensuring that the doors are positioned correctly in their correct positions.
- Adjustable shelves - this cabinet lets you position the interior shelving in four different ways, letting you customize the space to your needs
- 5-year warranty - if there is any damage or breaks in the product, you can get it replaced or fixed for free thanks to the long warranty
- Cord access at the back - if you want to store any electrical items in this cabinet, then you can access the back panel which has cord access
- Not very durable - if you are looking for a heavy-duty unit then this may not be the right one for you. However, thanks to the long warranty if it does get damaged then it should be pretty straightforward to fix or replace the unit
Also Available At: Walmart.com
South Shore Storage Pantry
The kitchen is the ideal location for this contemporary cabinet that is large inside, and it features a clean and simple design.
In addition to the increased storage space that it offers for dry goods, kitchen equipment, and small appliances, it is constructed out of laminated particleboard, which is safe for the environment and does not include any components that may be considered dangerous.
The product's overall measurements are 12.25 inches x 23.5 inches by 61 inches, and the shelf height may be adjusted to meet your specific requirements.
- 5-year warranty - no matter what happens, you will be covered for 5 years
- Different color options - this cabinet comes in three colors, so you should be able to find one that matches your kitchen interior
- Very sturdy - the base of this cabinet is very stable, and the rest is made of strong material that keeps the cabinet sturdy
- Safe - this cabinet meets the North American safety requirements
- 4 doors - the four doors on this cabinet allow for easy access to all of the shelving
- A bit pricy - compared to other cabinets on the market and this list, this one is slightly more expensive
- Tools not included - tools are needed to assemble this cabinet, but they are not included in the purchase. You will have to make sure that you have the necessary tools at home
Also Available At: Ubuy.co
The kitchen pantry cabinets come to the rescue when you need assistance organizing and clearing out the clutter caused by your cookware and utensils.
They come with practical characteristics like several shelves, designs that are both useful and versatile, and user-friendly layouts that make it easy to clean and store items that are necessary for the kitchen.
These features and layouts can be found on the available cabinets. When searching for a pantry cabinet for your home, there are a lot of considerations that you need to give careful thought to before making a final choice.
The capacity for storage, size and safety features are just a few examples of these important considerations.
You will have a much easier time picking a kitchen pantry cabinet that meets both your tastes and requirements if you take into consideration the major elements that have been outlined here.
The size of the pantry cabinet is by far the most important thing to think about before making a buying decision. After all, if you are spending loads of money on a cabinet, you’ll want to make sure that it fits in your kitchen first.
Cabinets come in a variety of sizes and shapes, so no matter how big or small your kitchen is you should be able to find one that fits in the space nicely.
If you are unsure of how tall you want the structure to be, think about the things that you want to put in the pantry. Will you be utilizing it as a location to keep pots, pans, and other items related to the kitchen?
Always keep on the side of caution and choose a storage unit that has a somewhat larger capacity than you believe you'll require.
If you follow these steps, you will be in a better position to deal with the never-ending accumulation of "stuff" in the kitchen.
Open Or Closed?
When picking pantry cabinets, you have the choice of selecting ones that are closed, open, or partially open.
Only foods that may be kept at room temperature for an extended period and other products that you'd rather conceal from public view should be kept in a closed pantry.
Because the compartment is only half-closed, this kind of cabinet is a good choice for storing food that can be kept at room temperature for an extended period as well as other objects like fruit bowls, microwaves, and coffee stations.
Fully open cabinets are perfect for placing products such as coffee stations, microwaves, fruit bowls, and other such items.
You will find that the majority of the cabinet pantries are created using medium-density fiberboard as the primary building material.
To manufacture MDF, wood scraps and sawdust from a variety of industrial units are gathered, subjected to extremely high temperatures, and then compressed until they create a somewhat constant product.
The use of this material, even though some people consider it to be "cheap" and "artificial," is ultimately the best approach to manufacturing long-lasting furniture without charging customers an arm and a leg for the units.
In addition, compared to oak and maple, MDF is a great deal lighter, which results in it being a great deal easier to work with.
One of the aspects that will have the most important impact on your decision is the overall cost of the cabinet. Pantry cabinets come in a range of prices.
You can find them for $100 to a few thousand dollars, so there will be at least one that will find into your budget.
Like a lot of other products, the price of the cabinet will be an indicator of its overall quality.
You will often have to pay a bit more for a high-quality and durable product, but if you just want something simple you can get away with buying a cheaper product.
Does It Have Anti-Toppling Features?
You will note that some cabinet models are outfitted with a mechanism to prevent them from tumbling over. This simply denotes that the cabinet in question is equipped with an additional safety element of some kind, making it less likely that it would topple over.
In the vast majority of cases, the components that are required to secure the cabinet pantry to the wall will already be present within the package when it is purchased.
We only recommend doing so in the interest of assisting in the process of lowering the probability of being involved in an accident.
Products that are made with high-quality wood and fiber have a larger chance of having a longer lifespan than products that are not made with such materials.
If you want the cabinet to last for a longer period, you should consider purchasing one that has a watertight covering.
To maximize the amount of space available for storage, you might want to think about installing kitchen food pantry cabinets that come with several different shelves and drawers.
You should look for models that contain shelves that can be moved to several heights so that the display may be personalized to match your requirements.
Cabinets with doors made of frosted glass are a fantastic option for displaying as well as concealing knickknacks and other little items in your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Add More Shelves To The Cabinets?
This all depends on the cabinet that you purchase. You could discover that you can add more shelves and dowels to some of your kitchen cabinets.
This will allow you to increase the amount of storage space that is already accessible in those cabinets.
The majority of the time, the height of the cabinets may be increased by adding toppers to the shelves that are already contained within the cabinets.
Can You Get Adjustable Shelves In Pantry Cabinets?
There is a wide variety of cabinets available, each of which may come with shelves that are free to be moved in and out of position.
As a result, the amount of space that can be utilized for storage may be adjusted to better accommodate your tastes and needs.
Is It Difficult To Assemble Pantry Cabinets?
Every one of the kitchen cabinets comes with its own set of instructions on how to put them together. If you are just getting started, you could find that bringing it all together is a difficult task.
Before beginning the process, you should make certain that you have all of the required tools and that you have thoroughly reviewed the manual.