What kind of bathroom faucet should I get? There are so many options out there, but choosing the right one can be tricky. How do you choose between ceramic, porcelain, or cast iron? What features do you want? What color? Size? With so much to think about, it can be hard to find the perfect one.
If you’re looking for a new bathroom faucet, you’ve probably seen some pretty cool designs. From sleek stainless steel models to classic brass fixtures, there’s something for everyone.
We have written this guide to find some of the best models and designs on the market, and share them with you to help you make a decision.
We have also included a handy buyer's guide and a frequently asked questions section so you know everything you need to know when it comes to buying a new bathroom faucet.
SOKA Brass Bathroom Faucet
The Soka is an elegant yet simple design that will fit any modern home. The brushed nickel finish looks great against most bathroom colors and makes cleaning up after yourself easy.
This model is easy to use and has a single handle and pull-out sprayer. It is available in both chrome plated and solid brass finishes.
Bathroom sinks faucets like this one promise an effortless flow and give you ultimate water temperature control. This makes it more convenient for everyday use and the aerated flow is great for everyday bathroom tasks whether you are giving your hands a quick wash or brushing your teeth.
We found it provided one of the best flows out of all the products we tested. It is also easy to install and comes with step-by-step instructions. You can even make use of a worry-free lifetime and friendly customer service.
- Easy To Use- A single handle and pull-out sprayer
- Temperature Control- Control the temperature for everyday tasks
- Looks Great- Elegant but simple design to fit any interior
- Easy to Install- Step-by-step instructions included
- Could Leak if Overused- Not For Heavy Usage
Bathroom Faucet Brushed Nickel Bathroom Sink Vanity Faucet
This vanity bathroom faucet is designed to look beautiful while providing you with all the functionality you need. The brushed nickel finish gives it a timeless appeal that will last through time.
The aerator lets you easily adjust the amount of water flowing into the sink. It is made of durable materials and is easy to install.
This bathroom faucet offers a single lever handle for ease of use. It has a pull-out sprayer that allows you to clean off the area around the sink without having to touch the handles. It is equipped with a non-slip rubber grip which helps prevent slipping.
When we tried this product, we found this particularly useful as there was no water we had to clean up after washing. These bathroom faucets come with a 1-year warranty. It is backed by a manufacturer who stands behind its products.
- Warranty- You are covered for one year
- Single Lever Handle- Easy to turn off and on
- Non-Slip Rubber Grip- No slippery surfaces
- Aerator- Adjustable flow
- Easy Installation- Easy to follow instructions
- Durable Materials- Built to last and trusted manufacturers
- Pop Up For The Drain Not Included- You will need to buy this separately.
SOKA SK1086002PA Commercial Bathroom RV Lavatory Faucets
If you want to get a commercial bathroom lavatory faucet, then this is the right choice for you. It is built to withstand heavy usage and provide you with years of reliable performance. The matte black finish adds a stylish accent to your bathroom.
It features a single lever handle for easy operation. It also comes with a quick-connect fitting hose and a pop-up drain assembly and water supply hoses are included, meaning you will not have to buy these separately.
This bathroom faucet is designed to be installed as part of a complete system. It includes a drain assembly that is compatible with standard plumbing connections. It has a two-handle design with a 90° forward rotation.
This allows for installation in the tightest spaces with no backsplash clearance needed.
When we tried this faucet, we found there was no splashback and the water ran smoothly. The matte black also gave a lovely finish to the interior.
- Worry-Free Lifetime Warranty- Worry-free and friendly customer service.
- No Splashback- No backsplash in small spaces
- Matte Black Finish- Beautiful finish for every interior
- Quick Connect Hose- Easily connects to other fixtures
- Two Handles- Allows for easier access and water control
- Pop Up Drain Assembly- Includes drain assembly
- Pull Rod Not Included- You will need to order these separately
- Suited For Certain Types of Drains- Not suited for drains without an overflow
Delta Single Matte Black Bathroom Faucet
The Delta Single Matte Black Bathroom faucet from Delta is a great option if you are looking for something functional but still elegant. It is designed to look great in any space. It has a sleek modern design that makes it perfect for bathrooms or kitchens. It has a single lever handle for simple operation.
It also comes equipped with a pull-out sprayer so you can easily clean up spills. It is made from durable materials that make it long-lasting.
You can install the product in confidence knowing you will be able to take advantage of Delta Faucet's Lifetime Limited Warranty and a pop-up drain assembly is included in the box for convenience.
It is also WaterSense labeled and this means it uses 20% less water than the industry standard. This saves you money but does not affect performance. We liked how well this bathroom faucet worked. It had a sleek modern design which looked good in our bathroom.
There were no leaks and it performed well. We would recommend this faucet to anyone who wants a quality product at a reasonable price and is looking for a faucet to use less water and save them even more money in the long run.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty- Worry-free use
- Pop Up Drain Assembly Included- Not need to buy this separately
- WaterSense Labeled- Save water and money
- Single Lever Handle -Convenient and easy to use
- Sleek Modern Design- Looks great with any bathroom design
- Water Stains- Can create water stains on flat surfaces
- Edges Can Be Sharp- Be extra careful when using, especially children
Also Available At Single Handle Project-Pack Bathroom Faucet in Matte Black 567LF-BLGPM-PP | Delta Faucet
ROVOGO High-Arc Bathroom Sink Faucet with Led Lights
This Rovogo high-arc sink faucet features a contemporary style that adds elegance to your bathroom. Its unique design gives you the ability to choose between three different colors- lighting options with LED lights and a light spout with a temperature sensor to detect the temperature of the water.
Red signifies hot, blue is cold, and green is warm water. These LED lights are a great way to add a bit of fun to your bathroom and encourage the children to clean their teeth. These lights are also powered by hydroelectric power so there is no need for any batteries. This makes it eco-friendly too!
It has a 3-arc swivel spout for 360-degree rotation and a side single lever which is simple to use and easy to change the water temperature.
It is built with a sturdy body that resists corrosion and leakage. It also offers a 3-year limited warranty and is built of solid brass for long-lasting performance. The handle is stainless steel and it has a chrome finish to make any bathroom shine
- Powerful Water Flow- Water flow is consistent
- Eco-friendly- Lights powered by hydroelectric power
- Encourages Kids to Wash Hands and Clean Teeth- LED lights to signify what temperature the water is at
- Warranty- 3-year warranty
- Difficult to Install- Some extra parts are not included
When you buy a new bathroom faucet, there are plenty of things you need to consider before purchasing. Whether that is the design, the style, finish, features, or material, it's not a decision you should jump right into.
Luckily, we have written this handy buyer's guide so you have an idea of the things you should look out for.
The first thing to think about when buying a new bathroom faucet is the design. You want something that fits in with your bathroom decor and will complement all of the other fixtures.
If you're renovating your bathroom, then you can take advantage of the many styles available today. They are constantly growing and this means you aren't' always stuck with your box-standard swivel silver faucet anymore.
You might find yourself drawn towards certain types of bathrooms because they feature a particular style. For example, if you like modern bathrooms, then you may prefer sleek, minimalist designs.
Or maybe you love traditional bathrooms, so you could go for a more rustic style. Whatever type of bathroom you like the look of most, you'll want to get something that suits your taste.
There are two main finishes you can choose from matte black and polished chrome. Although there are others on the market, both of these finishes are very popular choices, yet each comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
- Matte black - Matte black is a classic choice that looks good on almost every kind of bathroom. It doesn't show fingerprints as much as polished chrome does, but it still requires regular cleaning, otherwise, you might end up with water stains.
- Polished Chrome - Polished chrome is another popular choice that shines beautifully. It doesn't require as much maintenance as matte black, but it shows fingerprints easily.
When choosing a bathroom faucet, you'll want to keep these in mind. There are lots of different kinds of accessories and added extras available, so you can pick whatever best suits your needs.
Here are some of the best features and will help you decide which ones appeal to you and what you require in your bathroom.
- Swivel Spouts - Swivel spouts allow you to rotate the faucet without having to turn off the water flow. This makes it easy to clean around the sink area.
- Pull Out Spray Head - A pull-out spray head allows you to adjust the amount of water coming out of the faucet. This way, you don't waste any water while washing your hands or shaving.
- Dual Function Handles - Dual function handles allow you to use both hot and cold water simultaneously. This means you can wash your face, shave, and brush your teeth at once.
- Drain System - The drain system is important to ensure that you won't be wasting water by letting it run down the drain. Some models come with a built-in filter, while others offer separate filters that attach to the faucet.
A lot of people have trouble figuring out where exactly to mount their bathroom faucet. Luckily, there are several options available, depending on what you need. Here's how to choose the right one for you:
- Wall Mounted - Wall-mounted faucets are perfect for small spaces. They usually only require an outlet, so you don't even need to drill holes into the wall. However, wall mounting isn't recommended for larger areas.
- Under-Countertop - An under-countertop faucet is great for smaller areas. The advantage of this option is that you can install it directly over the sink, so you don't have to worry about drilling holes into the walls.
- Floor Standing - Floor standing faucets are ideal for large areas such as basements or garages. These faucets usually require a hole to be drilled through the floor, so make sure you know what kind of flooring material you're working with before installing them.
- Cross Handles- Cross handles are a convenient feature because they let you control multiple outlets at once. You can also use them to hide unsightly wiring behind the faucet. If you'd rather not deal with messy wiring, look for a model with hidden controls.
- Touch Controls - Touch controls are easier than using knobs or levers. All you have to do is touch the screen to change settings.
- Automatic Shut Off - Automatic shut-offs automatically stop the flow of water when you aren't using it. This saves energy and prevents wasted water from running down the drain.
- There are also a variety of different manual handles available that you can use to turn on and off the faucet. These include joysticks, knobs, lever handles, and push-buttons.
WaterSense certified faucets meet strict guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). They're designed to reduce the amount of water used while still providing excellent performance which can control how much money you can save.
If you are looking for an economical faucet, we recommend checking if your faucet is WaterSense certified.
Every type of bathroom faucet has an inner valve that controls the water flow through the spout. The valve quality and whether or not it has a washer will determine the reliability and durability of the faucet. The best choices are faucets with solid brass, brass-based metal, or corrosion-resistant workings.
Faucets With A Washer
- Compression-Valve Faucets: These faucets work with a stem that rises and falls and this is what causes it to open and close the passageway.
- Ball Faucets: They have a rotating metal or plastic ball that controls the amount of incoming water. With the moving part, the risk of a malfunction is reduced. A plastic ball will die eventually but a metal ball might last longer.
- Cartridge Faucets: They use rubber O-rings inside a cylindrical cartridge to regulate water flow. These bathroom faucets are some of the most reliable on the market.
- Ceramic Disc Faucets: They're nearly maintenance-free. They have two discs made of ceramic and these move against each other in a shearing movement. These block water or allow it to flow through. The seal is strong because the discs are so smooth and flat.
Frequently Asked Questions
What To Look For When Buying A Bathroom Faucet?
The best bathroom faucets provide a decent flow of water without being wasteful. They add a touch of design and interest to the area of the sink and they should allow you to brush your teeth and wash your hands with ease.
You should keep an eye on the water-saving features of your faucet to avoid excessive water pressure.
This can also help with water bills. You also want to choose a style that matches your decor, whether this is modern or contemporary or the more traditional farmhouse options.
Pay attention to the finish and this will enable it to be matched to your existing bathroom.
Which Is Better, Brushed Bickel Or Chrome?
Brushed nickel and chrome faucets are both great options for your home. However, here are the main differences:
- Appearance - When it comes to appearance, brushed nickel offers a more elegant finish. It's softer than chrome and looks great over any countertop.
- Durability - Brushed nickel is less prone to scratches and dents than chrome. It's also easy to clean and maintain. In addition, it resists rusting and tarnishing.
- Maintenance - Brushed nickel requires very little maintenance. Unlike chrome, it doesn't require polishing.
- Value - Brushed nickel faucets cost about $20-$30 less per fixture than chrome fixtures.
What Should I Do If My Faucet Leaks?
- If your faucet is leaking, it could be caused by several different things. Here are the most common culprits:
- Improper installation - Make sure that all parts fit together properly before turning on the water supply.
- Lose connections - Check the hose connection and make sure that it isn't loose. Tighten any screws or bolts.
- Damaged pipe - If the leak occurs near the bottom of the sink, it may indicate damage to the pipes and you will need a plumber.
- Leaking washer - If the leak happens near the spout, this could mean that the washer has broken off and you need to replace it.