Rugs are a very popular way to create warmth in your home, especially if you have hardwood floors.
Hardwood floors can create a very cold atmosphere in your home, so it is important to create warmth throughout your home to keep you comfortable and cozy throughout the day and night.
When you decide that you want to get an area rug for your hardwood floors, it can be difficult to know which one is best.
You want a rug that is appropriate for a hardwood floor, so looking for rugs with grips is important as you do not want the rug to be sliding as this could cause an accident.
This article will take you through the best area rugs for hardwood floors to prevent them from sliding. This will prevent any injuries as the rug will not slide under people’s feet, so finding a rug that is suitable for hardwood floors is important!
Best Area Rugs For Hardwood Floors
Below are the best area rugs for hardwood floors that will ensure that the rugs stay in place on the slippery floors. You can find the best rug for you below to add comfort and warmth to your home and add the finishing touches to your room.
This area rug by Andecor is incredibly soft and versatile. It can be placed in your living room or a bedroom, but it is perfect for hardwood floors. The bottom of the rug has non-slip dots that prevents the rug from sliding across the floor.
This makes it safe for children and pets to play on as the dots create friction, keeping the rug safely in place.
The rug is soft and fluffy, but it does not shed. As the rug does not shed, it will last longer and won’t start to look bare.
There is also a sponge layer inside the rug that makes it more comfortable to stand on and walk on. The rug also comes in 10 different colors to choose from and 4 different sizes.
The rug is easy to care for as you can simply keep it clean by washing it by hand. Just add some mild detergent to some water and gently wash the rug, but do not scrub too hard as this will affect the fibers.
The fluffiness from the rug brings warmth and texture to your living room.
- Non-slip dots on the bottom: The non-slip dots that are on the bottom of the rug stop the rug from sliding on the hardwood floors and help it to remain in place on the floor.
- Does not shed: The rug is soft and fluffy, but it does not shed, meaning that the rug will last longer and there will not be parts of the rug that are missing fluffy fibers.
- Sponge layer in the rug: The sponge layer inside the rug provides softness and comfort when you are standing on the rug or when children are playing on it.
- 10 different colors and 4 different sizes: Choose the right rug for your room as this rug comes in 10 different colors and 4 different sizes.
- Easy to clean: The rug is easy to clean as you can gently wash it by hand with mild detergent and left to air-dry.
- Needs to be kept out of the sun: If the rug is left in the sun for too long, there is a risk that the color could fade.
This area rug comes in 35 different colors, so it is easy to find a rug that matches the interior of your home. It also comes in 8 different sizes, making it easy to comfortably fit the rug into your home without it being too small.
The material used for the shag rug is extra-soft yarn, so the rug is soft and creates warmth in the room.
At the bottom of the rug, you will find strong grips to keep the rug in place. This is perfect for hardwood floors as you want to prevent the rug from slipping across the floor.
The grips are very strong and durable, so they will not wear down quickly and lose their grip.
The rug has been designed for long-term use as it is resistant to shedding and color fading.
It is also easy to clean as you can put it in the washing machine or vacuum it when it is needed, and you do not have to worry about the color fading and looking worn.
- 35 different colors and 8 sizes: There is a rug for everybody as there are 35 different colors to choose from and 8 different sizes to fit into a variety of different homes and rooms.
- Made from extra-soft yarn: The extra-soft yarm creates a soft and fluffy texture that creates warmth in the room.
- Strong and durable grips: The grips at the bottom of the rug keep it in place and prevent sliding. They are durable and will not wear down and lose grip easily.
- Resistant to shedding and color fading: The rug is resistant to shedding and color fading, so the rug can continue to look in good condition and it will not begin to look worn.
- Easy to clean: The rug is machine washable and you can vacuum it to keep it clean when necessary.
Also Available At: Gorilla Grip
This area rug comes in 9 different colors and 5 different sizes to fit any home. They are suitable to be used in any room of the house and have been designed to be super soft when you stand on them.
The rug has been made from a thick sponge and velvet to create a soft surface, and the fluffy surface provides warmth in the room.
There is sliding prevention on the underside of the rug as there are non-slip dots that stop the rug from sliding. The dots are made from PVC, so they cause friction between the floor and the rug that cause it to remain in place.
This makes the rug safe for children and pets to play on, and for people to walk over without worrying about sliding.
The rug is very easy to clean as you can hand wash it with mild soap and water and leave the rug to be air-dried.
You can also vacuum the rug to keep it clean and prevent the fibers from becoming dirty. It is suitable for decorating the rooms of both children and adults.
- 9 different colors and 5 different sizes: The rug is available in 9 different colors and 5 different sizes to make sure that it fits perfectly in your home.
- Made with soft materials: The rug has been made with a thick sponge and velvet to create a soft surface that is comfortable to stand on and provides warmth to the room.
- Non-slip PVC dots: The non-slip dots are made from PVC that prevent the rug from sliding over the floor and causing an injury.
- Easy to clean: The rug is very easy to clean using mild soap and water and then being left to air-dry.
- Suitable for all ages: The rug can be used to decorate rooms for people of all ages.
- Vacuum-packed: The rug is vacuum-packed, so it can look flat when it has just been vacuumed, but it will return to its original fluffiness over a couple of days.
This area rug comes in 11 different colors to ensure that it fits into the color scheme of your home, and it comes in a variety of sizes.
You can purchase the rug in either a rectangular or square shape, and they come in 10 different sizes combined. The rug is made with faux rabbit fur.
The fur is soft and dense so it is comfortable to walk on and it is comfortable to sit on. The rug does not lose its softness once it has been used, so you do not need to worry about the rug losing its quality.
There is also a non-slip mat underneath the rug that keeps it in place on a hardwood floor.
The rug is easy to clean, but it cannot be soaked in water. Simply use a damp cloth to clean the rug as it is not suitable to be washed in a washing machine. It can be vacuumed and it should only be dried flat.
- 11 different colors and 10 different sizes: The rug comes in 11 different colors and different shapes and sizes to best fit your home.
- Made with faux fur: It is made with faux fur and is suitable for people who do not use animal products to have in their homes.
- Does not lose softness: The rug does not lose its softness after use, so you do not need to worry about the fur becoming harsh after it has been sat on.
- Non-slip mat: There is a non-slip mat underneath the rug that holds it in place and prevents the rug from sliding.
- Easy to clean: The rug is easy to clean and can be vacuumed.
- Unsuitable for machine washing: The rug cannot get soaked as this will affect the fur and cause it to become clumpy and tangled.
This area rug has a unique and modern box design that will add texture and pattern to your living room. The rug comes in 3 different colors in the same style, but you can choose between grey, blue, and red.
The rugs come in 7 different sizes to fit comfortably in a variety of different homes.
The bottom of the rug has a non-slip latex mat attached to it to stop it from slipping on the floor.
This can keep your guests, children, pets, and yourself safe from injury as the mat will not move easily. The latex is durable and will not wear down quickly and lose its grip.
The rug is made from a nylon pile that lasts long and will not fade, keeping the color of the rug bright and sharp.
It adds warmth to a room and is a great focal point as the pattern is very bold, standing out in the room and enhancing other features around it.
- 3 different colors and 7 different sizes: The rug comes in 3 different colors and 7 different sizes to find the right one that fits best in your home.
- Non-slip latex mat attached: The non-slip latex mat is attached to the bottom of the mat and stops it from sliding across the hardwood floor.
- Durable latex: The latex is durable and strong, so it won’t become weak quickly.
- Made from a nylon pile: The nylon pile fabric is durable and does not fade, so the color will stay bright and the pattern will be bold.
- Only in one pattern: The rug is only available in the box pattern, which might not be appealing to everyone.
- 3 colors: There are only 3 colors to choose from which might not fit into people’s color schemes in their homes.
Before purchasing an area rug, it is important to consider a few things before you do. Here are the main things that you need to know before you purchase your rug to make sure that you are happy with it!
The color of the rug is important as you want to make sure that it fits in with the color scheme of your room.
You want to be happy with the color of the rug as you do not want it to stand out for the wrong reasons, so having it fit in with the color scheme is important for bringing the room together.
When you have a rug on a hardwood floor, a non-slip mat underneath the rug to stop it from sliding is vital for safety. If the rug does not have a non-slip mat, the rug will slide and it could cause people to injure themselves.
Look for rugs that have non-slip mats or dots as they are safe to be used on hardwood floors.
It is also important to make sure that the material for the non-slip mats and dots is durable. If it isn’t, it will wear down quickly and grip will be lost.
The size of the rug is important as you do not want it to be too big or too small for your home. If the rug is too big, it will cause your room to look smaller, and if the rug is too small, it will cause your room to look too big.
It is important to get the right-sized rug to make sure that it fits perfectly in your room and doesn’t look out of place.
You can find rugs that come in lots of different sizes for you to choose from to see what size fits best in your room.
Making sure that you are happy with the softness of the rug is important if you want to add more texture to the room.
Some area rugs have sponges or foam built into the rug to provide more softness, so look for a rug with a softness layer added in for maximum comfort.
You also do not want the rug to lose its softness after being used, so make sure it is good quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Buy Non-Slip Mats Separately?
You can buy non-slip mats for area rugs separately, but you need to make sure that they fit your rug perfectly. If they do not, there is a risk that your rug will slide across the floor and it will be unsafe to use.
If the non-slip mat is slightly too small for the rug, the rug will be unstable, but if the mat is too big, it will be exposed underneath the mat.
Can You Machine Wash Rugs?
You can wash some rugs in the washing machine, but others are not suitable for machine wash. You should always read the washing instructions on your rug to make sure that you do not damage the rug when you are trying to clean it.
If you put a rug in the washing machine that is unsuitable for machine washing, it will damage the rug and it will be ruined.
Does The Color Fade On Area Rugs?
The color can fade on area rugs depending on where they are kept. If your rug is kept in the sun for too long, the color will begin to fade.
If you want to avoid the color fading, you will need to make sure that your rug is not kept in the sun for too long as it will cause patches to become faded.
Some rugs are made out of materials that are resistant to fading. This protects the fabric from fading, but it is still advised that they are kept out of direct sunlight to avoid the fibers weakening over time.