Shaws 36 Inch Original Lancaster Single Bowl Apron Front Fireclay Kitchen Sink by Rohl
In 1897 the fireclay apron front farmhouse sink was introduced by Shaws of Darwen. Made in Lancashire, England—in the same factory—Shaws sinks are hand poured, shaped and stamped with the name of its maker. Made of local heavy ball fireclay, each sink takes about a month to craft.
Originally designed in 1897, the Shaws Lancaster form was created for the grand country houses and sculleries of 19th century England.
The Shaws Original Lancaster Kitchen sink is the original farmhouse, apron front sink. Named for the House of Lancaster, a branch of the British Royal Family, this style has set the standard for all farmhouse, apron front sinks.
Crafted in Great Britain, using regionally sourced heavy ball fireclay, by craftsmen using time-honored hand molding and finishing techniques.
Rohl Fireclay Sink Features
- Standard 3 1/2" diameter US drain opening
- Acid and alkali resistant glazed surfaces
- Suitable for waste disposal units or basket strainer waste
- Offset drain placement
- Sink measures 36" x 18"
- Due to ±2% dimensions, it is recommended that the cabinet maker wait until your sink is delivered to make the cabinet because no template is available
- Weight 165 lbs.
- Includes “Shaws” blue badge
- 39" minimum cabinet size
- Hygienic due to antibacterial properties
- The House of ROHL video click here
- How to install your Shaws Farmhouse sink click here
- How to repair your fireclay sink here
- More on Shaws fireclay sinks here
|Bowl options||Single bowl|
|Installation Type||Apron front|
|Model #||Parchment RC3618PCT|
|Model #||White RC3618WH|